Every link inserted in Symplify will be replaced with new links so when someone click on the link they will first go to the Symplify web server and then forwarded to the actual landing page. That’s how we measure clicks and that’s how you get your click statistics. But, you probably don’t want the default domain carmamail.com to be visible, but instead replace this with your own domain which is easily set up. In Symplify, this is called tracking domains.
By setting up a tracking domain you will also get a List-unsubscribe header in your emails which will reduce complaints, improve deliverability and improve the experience for your subscribers.
The List-Unsubscribe header is an optional chunk of text that email publishers and marketers can include in the header portion of the messages they send. Recipients don’t see the header itself, they see an Unsubscribe button they can click if they would like to automatically stop future messages.
How to setup Tracking domains
Please contact your account manager to add new tracking domains.
2. Create these sub domains on your server (you might need help from your tech-department). The subdomain should have a CNAME, the value depends on which server the account is at. CNAME value: eu-proxy-1.symplifymail.com
3. Once your subdomain with CNAME is at place Symplify needs to be informed so we can create a certificate.
4. Go to a Project where this new tracking domain should be used and choose the domain in the dropdown for Tracking domains.
Repeat this step until you have correct default tracking domain on all your projects.
Test your new setup
1. Create an email that contains a link and send it to yourself.
2. Click on the link in the email.
3. If the link works, everything is OK. If not, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Domains used in SMS
Please note, depending on mobile device some domains may not be interpreted as link domains and returns a not clickable link in the SMS. This rarely happens with top level domains such as the common .com, .org, .net, .se etc. So, make sure you test any new domains properly on different devices (specifically iPhones) to see if everything looks fine.