The Symplify 2019 Q4 release includes mostly improvements for SMS, but also a new email campaign overview. Here’s a summary for you!
We've made additions to the SMS editor settings to enable fewer clicks and faster editing.
We've added the option to expand all boxes within a category for editing.
You can still edit each box individually if you prefer. You'll then have the option to click the Next-button which will save your changes, close the current box and open the next.
We've also added keyboard navigation so that you can use e.g. tab and enter to edit navigate within the settings.
We're also presenting a beta view for email campaigns overview which you can switch on and off and also send feedback (thanks in advance 😉).
During the beta period this new overview will be available on email campaigns, but will then be rolled out for all other channels aswell.
So, what's the fuzz? In the beta version we've gathered all filters and created a responsive column presentation. Now you can view as many columns as your browser window can fit. A wider window will provide more columns than a narrow one.
You can customize your view by selecting the statistic element you want to see in a specific column.
On Sent campaigns, you will also see some new overview statistics, with instant correspondence to any page filters.
- A new wait option is added in Journeys, Wait for API call. Read more.
- We've added conversion statistics on SMS.
- In Journeys, we've added a path for contacts that have converted via an SMS (in Engagement split).
- Journey exits can now show statistics (however, live journeys must be updated, turn to your Symplify contact to learn more).
- Journey exits can now be transformed to an Exit to Journey (this has previously been an addable step). Edit your Exit to enable a seamless transfer of contacts to some other Journey.