What can we help you with?
Permission and Privacy
- Provide explicit information about your email program at the point of address collection. For example, if you have several newsletter options make sure your subscribers understand their choices
- Offer a quick and easy sign-up process, limiting the number of mandatory fields and avoiding passwords unless absolutely necessary; be sure to have a website confirmation page
- Send an automated Welcome/Confirmation message within 24-hours offering more details on your email program and the value your customer will experience
- Provide your customers with a preference center so they can manage their subscriptions with ease
Address Collection Process
- Reject malformed addresses
- abuse@ and postmaster@ addresses,
- malformed addresses with misspelled domains (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- role accounts (i.e. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- nonsensical email addresses (ex. email@example.com)
- Send a Welcome or Confirmation message.
- Provide an email preference center so your subscribers can easily update their email addresses
- Use Google’s reCaptcha – read all about it here.
- Establish an on-going process to consistently remove old and inactive subscribers. Example, every 3-6 months..
- Find all addresses that has received more than X emails (set the right amount for you, but let’s say at least 5 emails)..
- Find those that has not opened any of them..
- Send them a last email and ask them to subscribe again or they will be removed from the list..
- Remove/Invalidate those that didn’t subscribe again.
- This is to prevent email addresses turning into spam traps, bounces or complaints.
Keep it clean
Type your question here...